KEMRI Commercial Enterprises Department is one among the seven departments under the Directorate of Corporate Services in the Kenya Medical Research Institute organizational structure. The department is mandated to commercialize research output and generate revenue for KEMRI. Our products and services have been developed based on the research carried out at the institute to address healthcare challenges both locally and globally
To be a leading centre of excellence in research for human health
To improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building, innovation and service delivery
- We uphold zero tolerance to corruption.
- We uphold the philosophy of respect and fairness to all.
- We are committed to excellence and highest standards of professionalism.
- We uphold purity/sanctity of life.
- We are committed to promoting and supporting creativity and innovation.
- We value our customers, and we endeavor to be customer focused.
- To strengthen the linkage between research and industry by continually identifying innovations and research outputs with potential commercial value.
- To enhance, diversify and consolidate revenue-generating activities as a step towards financial sustainability.
- To promote access to affordable quality products and services by complete market research cycle.
- To nurture entrepreneurship in health research
Kem-rub® Hand Sanitizer
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- WHO-recommended formulation
- Guarantees 99% riddance of pathogens (Efficacy-proven by peer-reviewed studies comparing similar products in the market)
- Superior quality; strict quality control guidelines using international quality control strains
|250 ml (Spray)||250/-|
|500ml (Gel/ Spray)||350/-|
|5Ltr (Gel/ Spray)||3,200/-|
- Chlorine-based stabilized decontaminant 5-5.6% w/v
- Proven activity against Mycobacterium spp
- Affordable and effective decontaminant for laboratories and hospitals
- Superior package, superior quality
Culture Media – Ready To Use
- KEMRI Ready-to-Use Culture Media are produced under strict Quality Controlled conditions.
- Their quality is determined against internationally approved strains of micro-organism.
- The manufacturing is done under ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 conditions
- Delivery under strict cold-chain
|Brain Heart Infusion Agar (BHIA)||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Campylobacter Agar||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Chocolate Blood Agar (CBA)||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|CLED||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Desoxycholate Citrate Agar (DCA)||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Hektoen Enteric Agar (HEA)||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Mac Conkey Agar||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Mannitol salt Agar||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
|Mueller-Hinton agar (M_H)||1 x 10 petri-dishes||800/-|
Viral Transport Medium (VTM)
|Viral Transport Medium (VTM)||204* 3ml tubes||71,400/-|
|Viral Transport Medium (VTM)||80*1ml tubes||12,000/-|
Kem-rub® Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
- Automatic dispenser
- Durable quality
- Batteries and initial Kem-rub hand sanitizer included in price
|Automatic Sanitizer Dispenser||5,800/-|
KEMzyme (Enzyme Based Cleaner)
- Stable enzymatic cleaner with a combination of Lipase, Amylase and protease enzymes
- Removes organic/ biological residues in medical devices used in surgical or invasive medical procedures
- Quick action; cleaning efficacy and stability guarantees activity within 45 minutes of exposure
- Cost-saving; non-corrosive and equipment friendly.
Payment can be made via banker’s Cheque addressed to;
KENYA MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Or via Bank Transfer details herein below;-
ACCOUNT NAME: KENYA MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
BANK ACCOUNT NO: 01128126178203
BANK NAME: COOPERATIVE BANK OF KENYA
BANK CODE: 11
SWIFT CODE: KC00KENA
BRANCH CODE: 051
BANK PHYSICAL ADDRESS: NAIROBI BUSINESS CENTRE
Or Via MPESA
BUSINESS NUMBER 400200
ACCT NO: 01128126178203
- Why did the change of product colour from blue to clear for the KEMrub hand sanitizer?
This was necessitated by the request by KEBS to have all sanitizers to be in clear colour. (Click Here)
- What are the different packaging sizes for the KEMrub hand sanitizer?
KEMrub hand sanitizer has been packaged in a variety of sizes namely: 60ml, 250ml, 500ml, 5 litre and 20 litres all in either spray or gel with an exception of the 250ml that is only available in spray.
- What is the alcohol percentage for the KEMrub hand sanitizer?
KEMrub hand sanitizer has an 80% V/V of ethyl alcohol.
- What is the concentration of the sodium hypochlorite solution in TBcide?
TBcide has a concentration range of between 5.0 – 5.6% W/V of sodium hypochlorite solution.
- Does KEMRI sell non-corrosive detergents for cleaning metallic medical equipment?
Yes. KEMRI has developed a new product by the name KEMzyme that can be used to clean endoscopy equipment through enzymatic action.
Contact us on:
P.O BOX 54840-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Mobile: 0111 990 227, 0722205901
Find us at
KEMRI Headquarters, Ngumo off Raila Odinga Way,