INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER DIVISION (ITTD)
Innovation and Technology Transfer Division has the following mandates:
- To produce reliable, sustainable and cost-effective basic health diagnostic reagents/devices.
- To facilitate and catalyze translation of research outcomes within the Institute into health products useful to the public.
- Generate funds to support Research & Development activities in the Institute.
- To contribute substantially towards increasing the local capacity in manufacturing of products used in meeting critical public health needs through technology transfer.
The Division is, ISO 17043:2010 Accredited, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016 certified as well WHO cGMP compliant
Products and Services
The division offers the following products and services
- Production of Rapid Diagnostic Kits- HIV, HBV, COVID-19 and Malaria.
- Production of Ready to Use Culture Media.
- Production of KEMrub® – Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizer.
- Proficiency Testing/ EQA services for HIV serology.
- Proficiency Testing services for COVID-19 Molecular diagnosis.
- External performance evaluation services of Medical Devices e.g. Rapid Diagnostic Test Kits and sterilizers.
- External analysis of sterility and antimicrobial activities of products.
For more information click here